Thunk of the Week

When does something become lost? Is it when you realise you can’t find it or is it at some point before then?

2 Comments on “Thunk of the Week

1. Imagine if you could live your whole life without making a single mistake thanks to a miraculous pill. Would this be fantastic or a disaster?

Mistakes happen naturally in life. Even nature gets things wrong. Mistakes in life are part of the learning process. Mistakes happen in all areas of life. You make mistakes when you’re learning something new, you make mistakes in your relationships and you even make mistakes when deciding simple things such as what to order in a restaurant or what route to take home from an unknown place. These mistakes are learning experiences as they teach you how to approach problems in a different way and different options to finding solutions. They might teach you patience or how to work through things or even that there is more than one way of getting to where you want to go and that the known thing is not always the best thing and to take risks and welcome challenges.

The good thing of never making a mistake is that you would be perfect. You’d get full marks in your tests, wouldn’t need to make any effort or practise anything as you would be perfect at everything you did. You would know it all and would go through life without experiencing any disappointments.

Personally, I would choose not to take the pill because it would mean staying just as I am, I would not make mistakes and therefore not learn new things. I also think that being perfect at everything would be very boring and not experiencing disappointments or failures would mean that I wouldn’t get the joy out of experiencing success that I get now. In order to appreciate the good times, you sometimes need to suffer the bad times. A miraculous pill would not make my life better, it would in fact make it less exciting and somehow poorer.

• Well done! You have developed and expressed your ideas very well indeed.