Thunk of the Week

If both hands fall off my clock, is it still a clock?

21 Comments on “Thunk of the Week

1. I think it is a clock because it still has numbers for minutes you wouldn’t be able to tell the time but it’s still a clock! Unless the clock wasn’t originally a clock.

• Congratulations on being the first to comment on our brand new blog!

2. I think it is still a clock only it dosen’t tell the time !!!

• If it can’t do its job of telling the time, is it still a clock or s disc with numbers round the edge?

3. I think it is not still a clock, because a clock is something that tells the time. If the hands fall of it doesn’t tell the time anymore.

4. How would it know when to wake you if it had no hands to tell the time?

• because you set it to a certain time and you know the certain time

5. How about if it is a decorative clock? Clock’s don’t always have to tell the time. Even if it had the hands it could be telling the wrong time!

6. No because it has no hands so you don’t have a clue what the time is.

7. I think it is not a clock anymore because clocks are ment to tell the time and the clock does not tell the time so whats the point of having a clock without hands.

8. It is not a clock because the whole point of the clock is to tell the time and without the hands the clock can’t tell the time so there is no point of having the clock

9. No it is not because a normal clock tells the time but this clock just have numbers and lines.

10. No I don’t think so because clocks are made to tell the time

11. I think it is still a clock because the second hand is still going round and round, you could count sixety seconds and that will equal one minute.