Thunk of the Week

Remember the story of The Purple Star from assembly?

If you had choose seven people to take to a new life on another planet, who would you choose? Why would you choose them? What skills might they have to make a success of this new community?

52 Comments on “Thunk of the Week

1. I would choose 4 scientists to plant trees to make oxygen and life and 3 builders to build things such as sewers, houses and work buildings. 4 would be female and 3 would be male so they could make babies and those babies could make babies when they’re older so on so on. Scientists have the skill to make things such as medicines and water. Builders have the skill to create things such as computers.

• I think you should take 2 builders 1child a mum and a dad so a family and some builders to make homes 1 farmer to plant crops and 1 cow to give the people milk and meat.

• I would choose a builder so he could build houses and fix things. I would also choose a Doctor so they could help us when we’re ill. I would also take a farmer so we can have plenty of vegetables to eat. I would take my mum to cook the food and my dad to fly is there as he is a pilot. I would also take my brother Luke as he is a mechanic and makes me laugh. The last person I would take is my sister because she can order clothes and food from Tesco’s where she works.

2. I Would Chose
    2 Women because:
    • To make babies
    • Put the babies to bed
    2 Men because:
    • To look after the babies
    • Feed the babies
    2 Builders because:
    • To build 10 houses
    • To build nurseries
    • Build a school (in a couple of years when they are 5)

1 Farmer because:
    • Make crops
    • Get water

3. I would take the following 7 people to help me on my new planet if I was not allowed to take my mummy, daddy, brother, other family and friends
    A builder who could use rocks, mud and wood to make houses for shelter to keep us safe from the weather and any wild animals.
    An electrician who could give us power.
    A plumber who could give us clean, fresh water which would help with sewage and stop diseases spreading.
    A doctor to look after everyone’s health.
    A chemist who could make medicine if anyone gets ill.
    A comedian to entertain people and make us laugh and feel happy
    Lastly, I would take a gardener or farmer who could grow food for us all to eat.

4. i would choose siecentes because they can check if it safe for everyone to come. They can also find or track new speices or new animal.
    i would also choose new baby because they could live older and when there old anough they can invite people to come to the new planet.
    the last person i would choose is solider because they can attack to aliens or speices they don’t know. But that new planet would be queit becausethere wont be anough people. the planet would be like earth. no one will talk. 7 is not big than you think.

5. The seven people I would choose to take with me to a new life on another planet are; Milo, a builder, a teacher, my Dad, my Sister, my Mum and myself.

Firstly, I would choose myself. As I want to stay with my family and would not want to be left on my own. I am kind, clever and very good at working with electronics so I think I will be a good at operating any electronic devices on the new planet.

I have chosen to take Milo as he is my friend and will keep me company on this new planet. He is very funny and will make me laugh and I will make others laugh too as the community grows. He is a great skier so if there is any snow on the planet he can teach me and any others how to Ski.

A builder would be very handy because there is a strong chance that there may not be any houses or Supermarkets on the new planet so a builder will be able to build one. This will help the community to keep warm and sheltered and to have somewhere to live and to work.

A teacher would be my next choice as once the builder has built a school, the teacher will be able to teach me and any other students. This will help us to keep on top of our learning and teach us how to make our community stronger.

I would also take my Dad with me. He is very good football manager and he will be able to make a team for us all to play in. This will help everyone to keep fit and healthy.
    He will also go to work and earn money (if they have money on this planet) and this will help to make jobs for other people in the community.

My next choice would be my Sister Ava. Even though she is annoying, I love her dearly and it will be a real shame not to have her with me on this new planet. She is very funny and very kind and curious and will help to look after other people and help to explore the new planet.

My last choice is My Mum. She can take care of me, Ava and Milo. She will make sure that we eat well and keep us alive. She will also make sure that we are hydrated and healthy. This will help the community to grow, as we will need to find food and water and then cook it.

6. If I had to take seven people to a new life on another planet I would choose to take my family (3 people apart from me), a doctor, an architect/builder, a scientist and a farmer. I would take my family as without them I would feel lonely and wouldn’t know where to start once I got there. They would also keep me feeling positive and help me deal with difficult situations. My mummy and daddy could also double up as teachers if we took some books and that way we could keep learning things. I would take a doctor to deal with anybody falling ill and to try and keep us healthy. He could investigate what things were making us ill and why. I would take an architect/builder so he could work out what buildings to build and where and he could also teach us how to do it. I would also take a scientist so that he could check the environment, do experiments, investigate how our bodies reacted in that planet and improve our chances of doing well in that planet. Finally I would take a farmer to grow food as he’d know when and where to plant things and look after any animals we might take or find there that could be used for food or transport. He would also teach us how to grow things and look into what things could be eaten and grown that we hadn’t already brought from Earth. Everybody would bring in different skills and hopefully it would help to create a place where people could live happily. Anybody that went would have to be hard working, resilient and be willing to persevere and not give up. Although I’ve said he all the time, these people cold be men or women as long as they had the qualities I’ve said.

7. Here is a list of the seven people I would take to start a new life on a new planet:

1. A scientist – they know all about chemicals and nature and could help grow things like plants and food.

2. An architect – to design building and shelter on the new planet.

3. A builder – to help the architect build the buildings he has designed.

4. A farmer – to help produce food by growing crops and raising animals.

5. A soldier – a soldier will help protect the people as well as having survival skills.

6. A lawyer – to create rules to live by and make sure everyone lives together peacefully and happily.

7. A teacher – to provide education and knowledge to help future generations learn.

8. For me I would choose two farmers to go to the purple star. Farmers do amazing things for us like gore crops and vegetables like corn and tomatoes if they went to the planet took some water and other things they need because what if nothing is on the planet. The farmers will get everything started and maybe lots of other people that may visit later would have to eat so that’s what the farmers are for.
    Next, I think that two scientists should go. The scientists could make sure its safe for us. They could also find amazing fact about the planet like how old it is or how big is it compared to the sun. Scientists are amazing people if they weren’t there, we couldn’t have learnt things we know now, they figure knew things out. Scientists are the ones that let us learn so if they go, we could know all sorts of things.
    Finally, I think that they should take three builders. If it weren’t for builders, we wouldn’t have lovely homes everyone will be homeless even the richest people. The builders can start building houses and buildings, it may take a long time but after they have finished building multiple houses and the scientists have checked it is safe people could start coming to live there and soon enough there could be a hole city.

9. My seven people would be:

My mum because she knows how to cook and is very organised.
    My brother because he will help me if I am stuck and he’s of great support.
    My grandparents because they would look out for everybody in their family, my grandfather can not keep still so he would be actively fixing or putting things together
    My dad he is kind to everybody and would be able to entertain us.
    My uncle because if something went wrong he knows how to fix it. He is extremely good at making things as he is a welder and has a good eye for practical things.
    My friend Oscar Cowie he always looks out for his friends.
    My cousin because he is a soldier, so he has trained in all sorts of conditions, so he could train us on how to survive.

10. The seven people I would take with me to a new planter would be as follows –
    1. A farmer, who would help to cultivate the land, grow crops and rear animals.
    2. A builder who could build houses for all the future occupants.
    3. A doctor to keep everyone healthy and help grow our community.
    4. A professor of Biology and Science, to help discover the natural resources of the new planet and the continued growth of the human race.
    5. A technical engineer to help build transport vechiles.
    6. A communications technition to help us to communicate long distances and perhaps with other worlds.
    7. A good friend.

11. The seven people I would take to a new planet would be;

1. You will need a young, healthy, fit man and woman to have babies so they can have children. This will help populate the planet. This could be my Mum and Dad.
    2. You will also need a doctor to help people with illnesses and help babies to come from their mummy’s tummy.
    3. You may need a scientist to investigate new life sources. My Uncle Jason is a scientist so he can definitely come.
    4. You will also need an engineer to invent and design things like robots and design buildings and bridges.
    5. You also need a builder to make the engineers designs. I will take our builder Lewis because he is funny and can also do all the jobs around the house from plumbing, electrics and brick laying.
    6. Lastly, I will take a farmer as they will know what crops will grown best and supply us with food.

We will need to have a good mix of men and woman as they have different skills and can make more babies too.

12. I would take:

1. A builder to build homes for everyone to live in and to provide shelter.

2. A lawyer to make rules for the planet so it is civilised and no one is out of control.

3. A scientist to experiment on the things on the new planet e.g. there might be new chemicals or life forms on the planet.

4. A farmer to grow crops for everyone to eat.

5. A zookeeper to look after the animals on the planet (if there are any).

6/7. Two eco-friendly adults to look after the planet and stop pollution from happening and destroying the planet.

The people chosen will be a mixture of genders so they can marry and have children to keep the generations going.

13. If I had to choose seven people to take to a new life I would choose these people:

1. I would choose doctors because if someone gets sick then the doctors would have to make them better. The doctors will have to be brave and careful so the patient would get better and not get hurt.

2. I would also choose builders because they might have to build homes for people to live in. The builders will have to be accurate and precise so that they will not get the measurements wrong when they are building a house or a building.

3. I would choose to take the queen because the planet is going to need a leader. The queen will have to be determined and brave. She will have to be a strong leader as well.

4. I would also choose to take my family because they’re important to me. They will have to be nice to other people as well as each other. They will also have to be caring.

5. I would choose my friends because when I get to the planet I might have no one to talk to. They will have to listen and be kind so we could all be happy and be friends.

6. I would choose soldiers because if someone attacks the soldiers can fight and if the soldiers don’t come the people who are attacking could easily take over the planet. The soldiers will have to be brave and careful not to attack their own side.

7. The last person I would take would be my teacher because if I wanted to know something I could ask her. She will have to listen and be kind so everyone could have fun.

14. I think you should take 2 builders 1child a mum and a dad so a family and some builders to make homes 1 farmer to plant crops and 1 cow to give the people milk and meat.

15. If I had to choose seven people to go with me to another planet and start a new life I would choose:

1. A doctor to take care of sick people and help them recover
    2. A pharmacist to make medicines to help make sick people well again. They would also have the scientific knowledge to find cures and even understand how to use chemicals for other uses such as energy for transport and growing plants etc
    3. A leader or Lawyer to help govern the country and to ensure people abide by the law of the land
    4. An explorer because they could tell the other people what there is in the world and what they need to prepare for.
    5. A builder/Architect because they can start building new houses for future people that will live on the planet. The builder would also be able to provide energy such as electricity. He would also have the knowledge of plumbing to provide clean drinking water
    6. An inventor that could invent and discover new things for the planet like a new transport system or a way of communicating
    7. the last person I would choose is a cleaner because we need to keep the world clean to stop it getting polluted like the old Earth did.

Between these 7 people there would be 4 men and 3 women together they can have babies, their babies can have babies once they are grown up and so on, so that the population grow on the planet.

16. I would choose a builder, scientist, farmer, engineer, doctor, teacher, politician to take to a new planet.

I have chosen a male builder because he could construct building to work in and homes to live in. Also, the male builder will get married to the female scientist and have children to increase the population in this new planet.

I have chosen a female scientist so she can do lots of experiments in the new planet to see what things can grow, what type of air in the planet and how things are going to be formed and survive. The reason I chose a female scientist so she can get married to the builder and have children.

The farmer will help grow fruit, vegetables for the other people to eat and they can breed animals for a source of food.

I have chosen an engineer so specialise in building road, and modes of transport and knows about technology.

I have chosen a doctor to help the other people who get sick and to teach them how to live healthy in the new planet.

A teacher will teach the children about life and how to learn lots of skills to live in this new planet.

I have chosen a politician who is able to help make rules for people to follow in the new planet.

17. If I had to take seven people I would take:

1,2,3 ; My immediate family (mum, dad and sister) because I couldn’t live without them
    4 and 5 : Two girls to keep the family going, so the human race won’t die out.
    6. Grandma because she is a very good cook and could teach everyone on another planet how to survive with tasty recipes.
    7. Grandpa because he is very intelligent and will find solutions to problems, such as – how to make somewhere to live, how to hunt for food, how to breath, and he teaches maths and physics so will explain about gravity and how to survive on this new planet.

18. I had a choice of picking seven people to start a new life on a different planet, I’d pick the following people:
    • A farmer to make all the food.
    • One man and woman to start a family, produce children and raise them.
    • Two builders to build all the buildings that people can work and live in.
    • One shopkeeper so that people can buy all the items and products they need to survive.
    • Finally, I would pick a bank manager so that he or she help everyone keep their money.

19. The seven people I would take to the new planet:

1. A scientist to explore the local area and say if its safe to live on.
    2. An engineer to build any sort of transport.
    3. A pilot so if they need to get somewhere they can just ask the pilot.
    4. We will also need some buildings like houses, sewers, man made river.So will need two builders.
    5. For humans to survive we need food so will need a farmer to grow crops.
    6. To make sure they don’t get ill the they will need a doctor.

20. I would choose a

Doctor because if anybody is ill or hurt they can get help.
    A DIY person so there will be buildings,electrician,plumber and fix things all in one.
    A shoe and clothes maker so were not naked and have things to wear.
    A mechanic because they can make vehicles for transport and fix them when they break down.
    Money Maker so there is money available so that people can be paid and buy things.
    Fire Fighter because there could be a fire and you would need somebody to put it out.
    Chef, people have food and they do not starve.
    All of these people can then train other people to do their jobs, also I would choose a mix of men and women to do the jobs so that they can reproduce more people.
    These are the seven people I would choose.

21. I would choose a scientist who could study the new universe.
    An artist who could paint and draw the universe.
    A mathematician who could carry on doing maths.
    A dog who could also explore the new world.
    A builder who could build new things.
    An author who could write stories for the people in the new world.
    And last but not least a homeless person we could start a brand new life in this new universe.

• I agree with Connor where you were saying a homeless person should go because there life has been very unfair.

• I 100% agree with you about all of them especially the homeless person.

22. If I had the choice to take seven people to a new planet and start a new world I would choose people with a variety of jobs. They would have the jobs of:
    • A doctor so he could help the other six people when they are ill.
    • A teacher so that she could teach the next generation.
    • A general scientist so he could invent new things such as medicines.
    • A builders so he could build things like houses.
    • An engineer so that he could develop the infrastructure of the new planet such as
    roads and railways etc.
    • An inventor so that she could invent new things such as objects to keep the
    planet healthy, unlike the old earth.
    • A farmer so that she could bring her animals to produce meat and to be able to
    plant and harvest crops and know when to do so.
    There would be four men and three women so that they could start a new generation by having babies.

23. If I had to choose seven people to take to a new life on another planet, I would choose people with different skills so that they can work together.
    First, I would choose a Doctor because we would need someone to look after our health if we got sick or hurt.
    We would also need a farmer to help us plant the right crops and seeds so we can grow our own food.
    Someone who is a good builder would be important. One of the first things we will need to do is build a shelter.
    Next, I would choose an inventor because we will need someone who is good at making things like vehicles and technology.
    I will also choose a scientist because I don’t want global warming or pollution on the new planet. The scientist could help us to create new materials so that we don’t need plastic.
    I would choose a King or Queen to lead the team. They must be a good leader and help to sort out problems in the team.
    The last person I would choose would be a good helper. This person will help everybody with their jobs and be a fun person and make everyone laugh.
    I think 4 of the people should be men and the other 3 should be women so that they can have babies and become a bigger team.

24. I would choose a doctor/surgeon, in case someone gets hurt or becomes seriously ill. I would take a civil engineer because they can build homes, roads and other necessary buildings. A mechanical Engineer would also be very useful to help create machines and transport. A geologist would be important because the person would have skills to explore the land and the environment of the planet. I would also choose to take a couple of young people like my sister and my best friend.

by Rohan

25. 2 x soldiers
    They could fight off any dangerous, aggressive animals or aliens that we might meet. They are trained to live in all conditions and they will know how to take orders and work in a team. They will be brave
    My dad
    I trust him and know that he would do anything for me. He is strong and he is funny and we might need to laugh sometimes
    1 x scientist
    They could use their big brain to see if the atmosphere is suitable for life and might know what things are
    1 x engineer
    To make sure our space ship is working and mend it and fly it and help build a home and help us get off the planet if we need to.
    1 x my god father – Uncle Ali
    He is a farmer and will look after me and my dad. He will be able to grow things and is also good with engines
    1 x doctor
    To keep everyone well and make injuries better.
    This is just like lost in space that I am watching on Netflix with my family. They are trying to make a new life on a new planet. It is really good and I recommend it to anyone who reads this.

26. I would bring 3 astronauts of both gender because they know loads about surviving because how could they live in space!! And they could make babies 2 girls and 1 boy.
    and I would also bring 2 builders to build all the stuff they need.
    and I would also bring a doctor so if they got ill.
    last but not least I would bring a teacher to teach the children when they are old enough like in nursery or pre school and all the other stuff.

27. I would take a variety of people, but especially scientists so they can help the next world with all the chemicals they may come across on a new planet.
    I would take builders because they will help build new buildings on the new planet.
    I would take my family and friends and maybe my pets. Some food and water in case there aren’t any on the new planet. Seeds so I can grow plants, for example tomatoes so I can make food when I run out of the food I had taken.
    Perhaps some wood to make fire, perhaps some tents with sleeping bags whilst the builders are making the buildings.
    Also some teachers because the builders should building a school.

28. I would choose 7 complete strangers because if they were family they would not be able to make babies and they would not be able to repopulate the new planet. They would have to be relatively young, fit and healthy, preferably 3 women and 4 men. I would take an engineer and 2 builders so they can design and build homes shops and much more for others, a farmer/gardener so if there are any type of animals people could take care of them and also so they can plant trees, crops and flowers. Two scientists because if there was something new there the scientists could examine it and work out if it is rare or common, useful or not. And finally a doctor to make all of the medication and if people were to get sick or pregnant they would need special treatment.

29. I would choose
    1. One woman so they can bear children and then they can start a family.
    2. One gardener so they can look after all the plants and make sure that every plant was kept in good condition.
    3. One scientist so he or she can learn more about the planet.
    4. One builder so he can build houses and buildings.
    5. One cleaner so he can make sure that there is no litter ANYWHERE
    6. One farmer so he can grow crops and make sure that there is enough food for everyone.
    7. One soldier so he can defend his planet and keep it safe.

30. I would choose these 7 people with different jobs

1. A female Doctor look after the community and also to create babies.

2. A Singer to keep the community entertained.

3. A Farmer to grow crops to make food.

4. A Teacher to teach the young how read and learn.

5. A skilled Man who can build houses for the community to live in.

6. A Plumber to help make a water system to deliver fresh water to the community.

7. A Prime Minister to help run the community and make rules for a successful planet.

31. If I would choose 7 people to start life on another planet I would choose:
    1.An architect to design all the buildings
    2.A builder to build the buildings
    3.A man a woman to have baby
    4.A doctor to keep everyone healthy
    5.A farmer to grow food
    6.A teacher to teach the children

32. My seven chosen people to take to a planet

1. An Engineer – to build, invent, design, analyse and test machines, systems, structures and materials and help with our projects.

2. A Scientist – This person will have the expert knowledge of the natural and physical sciences. They will research any material elements that are found on the planet.

3. A Astronaut – We will need a person trained by a human spaceflight program to command, pilot or serve a crew member of a spacecraft.

4. A Surgeon – We will need a doctor who is specially trained to perform medical operations who will have knowledge of dentistry as well as understanding different diseases.

5. My mummy – I would like my mummy to come as she will make me feel loved and she can keep me healthy as she is a good cook.

6. My daddy – He will make me feel safe and happy as he always makes me laugh.

7. My brother – To keep me company and I can play football with him and we are best friends.

33. If I had to choose seven people to take to another planet, I would choose the following:

1. Mummy – To cook, clean, organise and take care of my family
    2. Daddy – Extremely resourceful and good in a crisis!
    3. My brother William – I love to chat and play football, rugby and cricket with him
    4. Doctor – To keep everyone healthy and prevent disease
    5. Farmer – To grow crops
    6. Builder – To build homes for everyone
    7. Bear Grylls – Ultimate survivor. Able to help us find water, shelter and food in our first few weeks of arrival!

34. I would take a male builder to help build shelter and homes, a female doctor to care for anyone who is unwell or needs help delivering babies, a male scientist to help study the new planet, a female farmer to care for the land and two cows which can breed and give milk fresh from the udders. Lastly, I would bring a chef to help cook all the meals for everyone on the new planet.
    I have chosen males and females to ensure that life is continued…….

35. The seven people I would take to build a new community on another planet are: –

1.Female Doctor: – To cure people when their ill. The doctor can also keep the people on a good diet so it will result in a healthy and energetic community.

2.Female teacher: – Teachers give us so much knowledge which will help us in the future, with that we can make better decisions for the planet.

3.Male Builder: – He will make all the houses for the people to live in and he will build a school when the children get older. The builder will also build the sewers and roads.

4.Female technological genius: – She will make the community grow technology wise. She will think of a new mode of transport so everyone can get around.

5.Female Scientist: – She will think of a way to stop this planet from global warming like earth. She will research on trying to make this planet more habitable for humans.

6.Male Farmer: – He will grow crops for all the people so they can eat. The farm will be are only food source. The farmer will do lots of agriculture.

7.Fearless leader such as Narendra Modi or the Dalai Lama: – A fearless leader will bring the community to another level. He will lead the community so it’s always organised. They will also unite the community.

36. If I had to chose 7 people to come with me to a new planet they would be –

1. A builder to build us houses so we can live comfortably.
    2. A farmer to grow crops for food.
    3. My mum to look after me and organise everyone.
    4. My dad to protect me and keep me safe.
    5. My grandma because she knows alot.
    6. A doctor to keep us healthy and fit.
    7. A scientist to help us understand our new planet.

37. The seven people I will choose are:
    One woman to give birth to a baby. One female biologist because she can understand plants and animals and help growing vegetables. One male farmer to help the biologist to grow vegetables. Two male creative builders who can build a safe place to live. One doctor to treat people in case of emergencies or disease. One scientist so they can discover new things and create new things.

38. 1. Inventor-I chose an inventor because they can invent new things on this planet.

2. Explorer- I chose an explorer because they can explore this new land and tell the other people what’s out there

3. Doctor- I chose a doctor because the doctor can look after the ill ones.

4. Policeman- I chose a policeman because he could look after the land and make sure everyone is safe.

5. Queen- So the land will have a good ruler.

6. Farmer- l chose a farmer because they can grow food for the other people.

7. Teacher- I chose a teacher because they can teach the other people lots of good facts and to improve their knowledge.

39. Well I think the people should be …
    1. A builder should go because of Its skill to build a structured community and make sure that everyone has a home.
    2. An architect because if there is a whole new world it could design houses to fit that world
    3. A farmer because they can grow crop for us to eat.
    4. A gardener so it can make some scenery and can make the planet look lovely.
    5. A explorer so we can find out more of this strange planet.
    6. An artist so he can put some colour into the world.
    7. A chef so he/she can make new recipes.

40. If I had to choose seven people to start life on a new planet I would choose

1).An engineer to help make and design new buildings/bridges and any type of technical device. Also to help fix any things that might brake.

2).2 scientists to help study and find out things about new finds on the planet.

3).An architect/builder to make buildings and help design and create houses and a laboratory for the scientists.

4).2 explorers to discover new things and help make sure that no weird creature/weird plant could not terrorise any citizens.

5).An inventer to invent stuff to use in the new world,and to help the way of life easier there and better.